Tuesday, December 22, 2015

2015 CHRISTMAS GIFT IN SPIRIT



WHEN …

(Poem in English written by Vo Dai Ton, 1976, on the Island of “Pulau Perhentian” – Malaysia – Refugees’ Camp (Boat People) when the author with his family,after crossing the ocean on a small fishing boat from Vietnam,6 days and 5 nights on stormy sea, was finally helped by The Malaysian Government, The United Nations Human Rights Relief Delegation and the International Red/Crescent Cross volunteers.)
2015 CHRISTMAS GIFT IN SPIRIT
TO :
My Friends.Brothers/Sisters
And especially to all Ambassadors of Peace and Members
Of the Universal Peace Federation.

(Note : For years, I have not had time to look at all kinds of old personal documents fully packed in boxes in my garage and house basement. Yesterday, Dec.20, 2015, I searched some old pictures for my recently written document, I found with sweet surprise a piece of paper, turned brown with time, with my original poem in poor English written 39 years ago (1976-2015)… Your humanitarian spirit, your Love, are still fresh in my heart, and I am copying it as a Grateful Gift to All of You with best wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016. THANK YOU ALL !).

WHEN I’m in a miserable hunger
You come with your hands full of food.
WHEN I’m hurt and suffer
Your medicines and smiles make me good.

WHEN I’m thirsty, like a desert walking,
You are my wells, full of fresh water.
WHEN my baby starves, crying,
You appear with milk to replace a mother.

WHEN I come, from another horizon, far away,
As a homeless refugee with my poor family,
You give me shelter against sun and rainy days,
Shelter for my heart, as well for my body.

WHEN I’m weak and fallen down,
You raise me up and consolation is given.
In the ocean of misfortune I’m drowned
You come to rescue with your arms open.




WHEN I’m wounded, in the battlefield, dying,
Tender cares are given – You’re my Angel !
You sacrifice your life, trying
To heal my wounds and broken heart as well.

WHEN I’m with You, life is full of force,
I fear no disasters and no enemy.
Of new strength, You’re my source,
Under your symbol, the world is so friendly.

WHEN the Crescent is rising
Darkness of suffering is chased away.
Lights of Hope are changing
Many a night of grievance into a cheerful day.

WHEN the Red color appears
It’s not the red of blood in wars with cruelty,
Not the red of destruction flames and fears
But it’s the Heart color, full of generosity.

WHEN THE Crescent flag is up in the sky
Your humanitarian spirit is spread around.
But You’re always modest and shy
WHEN receiving praises from any crowd !

WHEN  people enjoy life : - You’re satisfied
And in silence, You may talk to Yourself :
“Doing my part, the best I’ve tried”.
Grateful Thanks to You, O ! My Angel !

VO DAI TON
1976 – Refugees’ Island Camp
Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment